Bring your own laptop
Do yourself a favour and join pre-conference workshops to advance in technologies you know or to try out new and shiny tools.
Building Applications with ASP.NET 5
ASP.NET 5 begins a radical departure from the origins of the ASP.NET framework over 15 years ago. With a new project structure, configuration system, and runtime, ASP.NET is now a lean framework for building web applications. In this workshop, we'll look at the new project structure and compilation model, the unification of ASP.NET MVC and the ASP.NET Web API, and the new Node.js tools that integrate with Visual Studio.
Machine Learning and Functional Programming
Machine Learning and Functional Programming are both very hot topics these days; they are also both rather intimidating for the beginner. In this workshop, we’ll take a 100% hands-on approach, and learn practical ideas from Machine Learning, by tackling real-world problems and implementing solutions in F#, in a functional style. In the process, you will see that once you get beyond the jargon, F# and Machine Learning are actually not all that complicated – and fit beautifully together. So if you are curious about what Machine Learning is about, and want to sharpen your developer skills, come with your laptop and… let’s hack together!
What you should expect:
- no F# or Machine Learning prerequisites: complete beginners are totally welcome,
- a hands-on introduction to basic Machine Learning ideas, by solving real-world problems,
- a practical introduction to writing effective F# code,
- lots of coding on fun problems!
- you will need a laptop with and IDE running F# running; check www.fsharp.org for instructions on how to get setup.